3.1.1 (Mar. 20, 2014)
- Bug fix: Co-authors selection UI should appear when creating a new post too.
3.1 (Mar. 17, 2014)
- Manage co-authors from Quick Edit. Props mpatek.
- Updated Spanish translation, courtesy of sergiomajluf.
- Now matches core behavior when displaying author archive on multisite: user of the blog, or previously published author on the blog.
- Breaking change: "Create Profile" link is no longer shown by default on the Manage Users screen. Instead, it can be enabled with the
- Guest authors work properly with Jetpack Open Graph tags. Props hibernation.
- Guest author profile editor now supports a few different fields. Props alpha1.
coauthors_count_published_post_typesfilter for specifying the post type(s) used when calculating the user's number of published posts.
- Bug fix: Ensure
post_authoris set to one of the co-authors assigned to a post.
- Bug fix: Filter author feed link for guest authors on the author page. Props hibernation.
- Packages a composer.json file for those using Composer.
- Beginnings of unit test coverage for core features. Increased minimum required WordPress version to 3.7 because WordPress.org unit testing framework doesn't work reliabilty below that.
3.0.7 (Jan. 27, 2014)
- Better support for installing Co-Authors Plus as a symlinked directory. Follow these instructions to filter
- Links to authors' posts pages to comply to hCard microformat, which Google depends on.
coauthors_emails()template tag to list email addresses of the co-authors. Props benlk.
- Bug fix: Remove extraneous space between last two co-authors output. Props johnciacia.
- Updated French translation, courtesy of Jojaba (via email).
3.0.6 (Dec. 9, 2013)
- New Swedish translation, courtesy of alundstroem
- Updated German translation, courtesy of krafit.
- New Dutch translation, courtesy of kardotim
- New filter for specifying the default author assigned to a post. Props tannerm
- Bug fix: When filtering a user's published post count, use the value of their guest author profile if one is mapped.
- Added support for checkboxes in Guest Author profiles
- Fix Strict warnings from CPT's that don't define all capabilities
- New swap-coauthors CLI command for replacing one co-author with another
3.0.5 (Feb. 18, 2013)
- New filter 'coauthors_search_authors_get_terms_args' allows you to increase the number of matches returned with AJAX co-author selection
- Bug fix: If there isn't an author term yet for a co-author, avoid an erronous join that caused duplicate posts to appear.
3.0.4 (Jan. 6, 2013)
- Support for automatically adding co-authors to your feeds. Props cfg.
- Bug fix: No Co-Authors Plus on attachments. For now.
- Bug fix: Better support for co-authors with non-standard user_nicenames. Props STRML.
3.0.3 (Dec. 3, 2012)
- Bug fix: The default order for the 'author' taxonomy should be 'term_order', in order for the author positions to stick. Props lgedeon
3.0.2 (Nov. 23, 2012)
- Bug fix: Fall back to non-pretty permalinks when the author permastruct is empty, so that coauthors_posts_links() doesn't link to the homepage
3.0.1 (Nov. 21, 2012)
- Add your own custom columns to the guest authors table using filters. Props cfg
- A new wp-cli subcommand for renaming co-authors and another for removing author terms mistakenly assigned to revisions
- Bug fix: Using a featured image for a guest author avatar didn't work. Now it does.
- Bug fix: Don't assign author terms to revisions to avoid unnecessary database bloat
- Bug fix: Make the coauthors_wp_list_authors() template tag work again
- Bug fix: Improve capability filtering by properly handling super admin access and situations where user_id = 0
- Minor UI enhancements for guest authors
3.0 (Nov. 12, 2012)
- Create guest author profiles for bylines you'd like to assign without creating WordPress user accounts. Guest authors can have all of the same fields as normal users including display name, biography, and avatars.
- Support for non-Latin characters in usernames and guest author names
- wp-cli subcommands for creating, assigning, and reassigning co-authors
- For themes using core template tags like the_author() or the_author_posts_link(), you enable Co-Authors Plus support with a simple filter
- New author terms are now prefixed with 'cap-' to avoid collisions with global scope
- Bug fix: Apply query filters to only post_types registered with the taxonomy. Props Tom Ransom
- Filter coauthors_posts_link_single() with 'coauthors_posts_link'. Also adds rel="author". Props Amit Sannad and Gabriel Koen
- Filter for the context and priorities of the Co-Authors meta boxes. Props Tomáš Kapler
- Renamed the post meta box for selecting authors so it applies to many post types. Props John Blackbourn
2.6.4 (May 7, 2012)
- Bug fix: Properly filter the user query so users can AJAX search against the display name field again
- If https is used for the admin, also use the secure Gravatar URL. Props rmcfrazier
2.6.3 (Apr. 30, 2012)
- AJAX user search is back to searching against user login, display name, email address and user ID. The method introduced in v2.6.2 didn't scale well
- French translation courtesy of Sylvain Bérubé
- Spanish translation courtesy of Alejandro Arcos
- Bug fix: Resolved incorrect caps check against user editing an already published post. See forum thread
2.6.2 (Mar. 6, 2012)
- AJAX user search matches against first name, last name, and nickname fields too, in addition to display name, user login, and email address
- Comment moderation and approved notifications are properly sent to all co-authors with the correct caps
- Filter required capability for user to be returned in an AJAX search with 'coauthors_edit_author_cap'
- Filter out administrators and other non-authors from AJAX search with 'coauthors_edit_ignored_authors'
- Automatically adds co-authors to Edit Flow's story budget and calendar views
- Bug fix: Don't set post_author value to current user when quick editing a post. This doesn't appear in the UI anywhere, but adds the post to the current user's list of posts
- Bug fix: Properly cc other co-authors on new comment email notifications
- Bug fix: If a user has already been added as an author to a post, don't show them in the AJAX search again
- Bug fix: Allow output constants to be defined in a theme's functions.php file and include filters you can use instead
2.6.1 (Dec. 30, 2011)
- Fix mangled usernames because of sanitize_key http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-co-authors-plus-26-not-working-with-wp-33
2.6 (Dec. 22, 2011)
- Sortable authors: Drag and drop the order of the authors as you'd like them to appear (props kingkool68)
- Search for authors by display name (instead of nicename which was essentially the same as user_login)
- Option to remove the first author when there are two or more so it's less confusing
- Bumped requirements to WordPress 3.1
- Bug fix: Update the published post count for each user more reliably
2.5.3 (Aug. 14, 2011)
- Bug fix: Removed extra comma when only two authors were listed. If you used the COAUTHORS_DEFAULT_BETWEEN_LAST constant, double-check what you have
2.5.2 (Apr. 23, 2011)
- Bug: Couldn't query terms and authors at the same time (props nbaxley)
- Bug: Authors with empty fields (e.g. first name) were displaying blank in some cases
- Bug: authors with spaces in usernames not getting saved (props MLmsw, Ruben S. and others!)
- Bug: revisions getting wrong user attached (props cliquenoir!)
2.5.1 (Mar. 26, 2011)
- Fix with author post count (throwing errors)
2.5 (Mar. 26, 2011)
- Custom Post Type Support
- Compatibility with WP 3.0 and 3.1
- Lots and lots and lots of bug fixes
- Thanks to everyone who submitted bugs, fixes, and suggestions! And for your patience!
2.1.1 (Oct. 16, 2009)
- Fix for coauthors not being added if their username is different from display name
- Fixes to readme.txt (fixes for textual and punctuation errors, language clarification, minor formatting changes) courtesy of Waldo Jaquith
2.1 (Oct. 11, 2009)
- Fixed issues related to localization. Thanks to Jan Zombik firstname.lastname@example.org for the fixes.
- Added set_time_limit to update function to get around timeout issues when upgrading plugin
2.0 (Oct. 11, 2009)
- Plugin mostly rewritten to make use of taxonomy instead of post_meta
- Can now see all authors of a post under the author column from Edit Posts page
- All authors of a post are now notified on a new comment
- New option to allow subscribers to be added as authors
- All Authors can edit they posts of which they are coauthors
- FIX: Issues with wp_coauthors_list function
- FIX: Issues with coauthored posts not showing up on author archives
1.2.0 (Jun. 16, 2012)
- FIX: Added compatibility for WordPress 2.8
- FIX: Added new template tags (get_the_coauthor_meta & the_coauthor_meta) to fix issues related to displaying author info on author archive pages. See Other Notes for details.
- FIX: Plugin should now work for plugins not using the 'wp_' DB prefix
- FIX: Coauthors should no longer be alphabetically reordered when the post is updated
- FIX: Plugin now used WordPress native AJAX calls to tighten security
- DOCS: Added details about the new template tags
1.1.5 (Apr. 26, 2009)
- FIX: Not searching Updated SQL query for autosuggest to search through first name, last name, and nickname
- FIX: When editing an author, and clicking on a suggested author, the original author was not be removed
- DOCS: Updated readme information
1.1.4 (Apr. 25, 2009)
- Disabled "New Author" output in suggest box, for now
- Hopefully fixed SVN issue (if you're having trouble with the plugin, please delete the plugin and reinstall)
1.1.3 (Apr. 23, 2009)
- Add blur event to disable input box
- Limit only one edit at a time.
- Checked basic cross-browser compatibility (Firefox 3 OS X, Safari 3 OS X, IE7 Vista).
1.1.2 (Apr. 19, 2009)
- Disabled form submit when enter pressed.
1.1.1 (Apr. 15, 2009)
- Changed SQL query to return only contributor-level and above users.
1.1.0 (Apr. 14, 2009)
- Initial beta release.