0.8 (???? ??, 2013)
- New feature: Dashboard Notepad. Editors and admins can use a notepad widget on the dashboard to leave instructions, important announcements, etc. for every WordPress user.
- New feature: Double-click to create a new post on the calendar, or edit the details associated with an existing post. Thanks bbrooks and cojennin
- Post subscriptions are now saved via AJAX, which means you can add or remove subscribers without hitting "Save Post". This is especially useful for editorial comments. Thanks cojennin
- Subscribe to a post's updates using a quick "Follow" link on Manage Posts, the Calendar, or Story Budget.
- Assign a date and time to editorial metadata's date field. Thanks cojennin
- Modify which filters are used on the calendar and story budget, or add your own. Thanks cojennin
- Scheduled publication time is now included in relevant email notifications. Props mattoperry
- Calendar and story budget module descriptions link to their respective pages in the admin for usability. Props rgalindo05
- New Russian localization thanks to te-st.ru
- Bug fix: User group selection no longer appears in network admin.
- Improved slug generation when changing title of Drafts thanks to natebot
- Bug fix: Permalink slugs are now editable after initial save
0.7.6 (Jan. 30, 2013)
- Bug fix for 3.4.2 compatibility.
0.7.5 (Jan. 29, 2013)
- New Japanese localization thanks to naokomc
- New French localization thanks to boris-hocde
- Allow custom post statuses to be completely disabled for a post type, preventing situations where 'draft' posts could disappear when the draft status was deleted.
- Better implementation of the hack we have to employ for editable slugs in the post edit screen. Thanks cojennin for the assist.
- Editorial metadata names can now be up to 200 characters (instead of 20 previously). Props cojennin
- Bug fix: Load modules on 'init' so the strings associated with each class can be properly translated
- Bug fix: Pagination functional again when filtering to a post type
- Bug fix: Pre-PHP 5.2.9 array_unique() compatibility
- Bug fix: Respect the timezone when indicating which day is Today
- Bug fix: Calendar should work for all post types, regardless of which are supposed to be added to it
0.7.4 (Nov. 21, 2012)
- Added 'Scheduled' as one of the statuses you see in the 'Posts At A Glance' widget. 'Private' and other core statuses can be added with a filter
- Sort posts on the Manage Posts view by visible editorial metadata date fields
- Modify email notifications with two filters
- Bug fix: Proper support for unicode characters in custom status and editorial metadata descriptions
- Bug fix: Show the proper last modified value on the story budget when the server's timezone is not set to GMT. Props danls
- Bug fix: Make the jQuery UI theme for Edit Flow more specific so it doesn't conflict with core modals
- Bug fix: Use the proper singlular label for a post type when generating notification text
- Bug fix: Post slug now updates when the post has a custom status.
- Bug fix: When determining whether a user can change a post's status, check the 'edit_posts' cap for the post type.
0.7.3 (Jul. 3, 2012)
- Bug fix: Support PHP 5.2.x by removing the anonymous functions we mistakenly added
- Bug fix: Only update user's Story Budget saved filters when the Story Budget is being viewed, to avoid other views setting the filter values
0.7.2 (Jul. 3, 2012)
- Users without the 'publish_posts' capability can now use and change custom statuses. Props Daniel Chesterton
- Support for trashing posts from the calendar. Thanks Dan York for the idea and a bit of code
- Updated codebase to use PHP5-style OOP references
- Fixed some script and stylesheet references that had a double '//' in the URI path
edit_flow_supported_module_post_types_argsfilter allows you to enable custom statuses and other modules for private post types
0.7.1 (Apr. 11, 2012)
- Show the year on the calendar and story budget if it's not the current year
- Allow users to save post subscriptions the first time they save the post. This also fixes the bug where a user wouldn't be subscribed until they saved the post twice
- Changed the behavior of notifications for the user changing a status or leaving a comment. Previously, they'd receive an email with the action they just performed; now they do not. This can be changed with a filter
- New Italian localization thanks to Luca Patané
- Bug fix: Auto-subscribe the post author to their posts by default but make it filterable
- Bug fix: Only show authors in the user dropdown for the calendar and the story budget. This new behavior can be filtered out however
- Bug fix: Metaboxes are registered with proper priority. Props benbalter
- Bug fix: If a user hasn't ever opened the calendar before, the date should default to today, not the Unix Epoch
- Bug fix: Prevent editorial metadata filters from stomping on others' uses by actually returning the original value when we don't want to manipulate it
- Bug fix: Specify a max-width on
<select>dropdowns in the calendar and story budget so long values don't break formatting
0.7 (Jan. 9, 2012)
- Entire plugin was rewritten into a modular architecture (e.g. each feature is broken into a module you can enable or disable). One point of the modular architecture is to make it much easier for others to contribute new features. For the end user, there’s a brand new settings page where you can manage your modules. Each module then registers a configuration view for module settings. Most have options to choose which post types you’d like it activated for, along with other configuration options.
- Calendar is far more functional. Content is viewed in a six week view by default, and number of weeks is configurable in screen options. Posts can be dragged and dropped between dates. Click on a post title to get the details about the post, including editorial metadata.
- Custom statuses can be drag and drop ordered with AJAX. All statuses (including core ‘draft’ and ‘pending’) can be edited or deleted.
- Editorial Metadata terms can be ordered with AJAX. Terms can be made “viewable” and then will be displayed on the manage posts view and calendar if enabled.
- Story Budget shows “viewable” editorial metadata and fixes a few bugs, including not showing posts in a subcategory of a parent category.
- Notifications/subscriptions are filtered so you can disable the auto-subscribing of authors or editorial commenters.
- Important note: If upgrading from pre-v0.6, please upgrade to v0.6.5 first to ensure all of your data remains intact.
- Read the full release post
0.6.5 (Sept. 19, 2011)
- Bug fix: Workaround for a bug in core where the timestamp is set when a post is saved with a custom status. Instead, we update the timestamp on publish to current time if a custom post date hasn't been set. Thanks saomay for help tracking the bug down.
0.6.4 (Jul. 22, 2011)
- Display unpublished custom statuses inline with the post title, per WordPress standard UI
- New number type for editorial metadata, so you can have fields like "Word Count"
- Dropped the admin option for disabling custom statuses on posts. It didn't work, and this is handled by post_type_supports()
- Add a 'Clear' link to editorial metadata date fields to allow user to easily clear the input
- Bug fix: Proper support for bulk editing custom statuses
- Bug fix: Contributor saving a new post respects the default custom status, instead of reverting to 'draft' as the post status
- Bug fix: Better respect for user roles and capabilities in Story Budget
- Bug fix: Custom statuses in Quick Edit now work as you'd expect them
- Bug fix: Show all taxonomy terms (most likely categories) on the Story Budget, regardless of whether they include published content
- Bug fix: If there are no editorial metadata fields available, a message will display instead of leaving an empty post meta box
0.6.3 (Mar. 21, 2011)
- Restored email notifications to old delivery method instead of queueing with WP cron because of reliability issues.
- Better approach to including files so Edit Flow works properly on Windows systems.
- Option to see all unpublished content on story budget and editorial calendar with a filter to include scheduled posts as unpublished content.
0.6.2 (Jan. 26, 2011)
- Bug fix: Post Titles were broken in email notifications. (Thanks kfawcett and madguy000!)
- Bug fix: Bulk editing any post types would cause editorial metadata to occasionally be deleted. (Thanks meganknight!)
0.6.1 (Jan. 9, 2011)
- Custom Post Type support for custom post statuses, editorial metadata, editorial comments, notifications, (Thanks to all who requested this!)
- Added search and filtering tools for user and usergroup lists
- Email notifications are now queued to improve performance and avoid issues with spam
- Posts in calendar now have a unique classname based on the status (Thanks erikajurney)
- The "Posts I'm Following" widget has a cleaner look
- Bug fix: Contributors should not have the ability to publish through Quick Edit
- Bug fix: Proper i18n support (Thanks Beto Frega and others)
- Bug fix: Editorial Comments issue in IE (Thanks asecondwill and James Skaggs)
- Bug fix: Always email admin feature was not working (Thanks nicomollet)
- Bug fix: Notifications for scheduled posts did not include links (Thanks erikajurney)
0.6 (Nov. 9, 2010)
- New feature: Editorial Metadata. Previously, Edit Flow had 'due date', 'location' and 'description', as available editorial metadata. We've expanded this functionality to be completely customizable; admins can add any number of editorial metadata with the following types: checkbox, date, location, paragraph, text, or user dropdown.
- New feature: Story Budget. View all of your upcoming posts in a more traditional story budget view. Posts are grouped by category, and view can be filtered by post status, category, user, or limited to a date range. Hit the print button to take it on the go.
- Completely rewritten calendar view now saves filter state on a user by user basis. Also, highlights current day, and displays status and time for each post.
- Temporarily disabled QuickPitch widget until we rewrite it to support editorial metadata.
- Bug fix: Editorial comments should no longer show up in the stock Recent Comments widget or in the comments view in the WordPress Admin. The comment count number should also be correct.
- Bug fix: Duplicate custom post statuses and usergroups are handled in more sane ways (aka creating, editing, and deleting should work as expected)
0.5.3 (Oct. 6, 2010)
- Fixes issue where default Custom Statuses and User Groups were returning even after being deleted
0.5.1 (Jul. 29, 2010)
- Editorial calendar improvements: filter by category or author
- QuickPitch stories get default status instead of pitch status
- No email notifications for “Auto Draft” post status
- Backwards compatibility with WordPress 2.9.x
0.5 (Jul. 3, 2010)
- Calendar view for visualizing and spec assignments at a glance
- Improvements for WordPress 3.0 compatibility
- Users that edit a post automatically get subscribed to that post (only if they have the manage subscriptions capability)
- Edit Flow automatically hides editorial comments if the plugin is disabled
- Moved default custom status additions to upgrade function so they don't get added every time you activate
- Bug fix: remove editorial comments from comments feed
0.3.3 (Feb. 4, 2010)
- Added tooltips with descriptions to the Status dropdown and Status Filter links. Thanks to Gil Namur for the great idea!
- Fixed the issue where subscribed users/usergroups were not receiving notifications
= 0.3.2 (Jan. 28, 2010)= * Fixed fatal error if notifications were disabled
- Small bug fixes
- Note: Edit Flow now requires 2.9+
- Notification emails on status change now have specific subject lines messages based on action taken
- Action links in comment notifications now take the user to the comment form; i.e. clicking reply link in the email will focus on the comment text box and reply to the message
- Assign users and usergroups that should be notified of post updates
- Removed notify by role option since it's redundant because of usergroups
- Added "Always notify admin option"
- Added option to hide the status dropdown on Post and Page edit pages (default set to show)
- Added option to globally disable QuickPitch widget
- Bug fix: Custom Status names cannot be longer than 20 chars
- Bug fix: Deleted users are removed as subscribers from posts
- Bug fix: Blank menu items should now be sorta hidden
- Custom Statuses are now supported for pages
- Editorial Comments (with threading)
- Email Notifications (on post status change and editorial comment)
- Additional Post metadata
- Quick Pitch Dashboard widget
- Bug fix: sorting issue on Manage Posts page (Mad props to David Smith from Columbia U.)
- Other bug fixes
- Better localization support
- Ability to assign custom statuses to posts