- Open Graph posting is now an advanced feature configured through a site's Social Publisher settings page. Applications without an approved Publish action can post to an author's Timeline feed with more limited functionality and story promotion.
- Comments Box moved to comments_template, overriding your theme's default comments template. Existing WordPress comments are displayed above the Comments Box.
- Added ability to disable fetching Facebook comments from Facebook servers for inclusion on the page inside a noscript element for improved SEO. See the
facebook_comments_wrapperfilter for more details.
- Set a custom sort order for Comments Box comments: social, chronological, or reverse chronological.
- Post to Facebook Page using Facebook application access token
- Do not display social publisher meta boxes or publish flow if post type not explicitly public
- Improved local validators for publish flow
- Improve performance of settings migration from old versions of the plugin
- Fix: Properly display Open Graph protocol data on author page
- Post to Timeline now uses an app access token to communicate with Facebook servers without needing an active Facebook user session. Improves XML-RPC compatibility and wp-admin performance
- The Facebook PHP SDK is now loaded as needed, not with every admin request
- Mention tagging Facebook friends and Facebook pages replaces previous mention meta boxes for friends and pages
- Removed mention display alongside a post. Mentions are constructed in a custom Facebook message
- Associate a WordPress account with a Facebook account from the edit profile page
- Added Like Box widget for Facebook Page promotion
- New locale selector provides more extensible code
- Social publisher settings page inline help
- Fixed bug publishing to a Facebook Page
- Do not compare strings when needle longer than haystack
- Test if expected widget files and classes exist before registering a widget. Fixes possible cache conflict
- Support social action tracking in Google Analytics. Includes Google Analyticator and Google Analytics for WordPress support
- Facebook Subscribe Button is now known as Follow Button
- Add gallery images to Open Graph protocol images array if gallery shortcode present
- Update to Facebook PHP SDK 3.2.2
- WordPress 3.5 color picker support in Recommendations Box and Activity Feed plugins
- Fix incorrectly referenced admin menu icon file locations in minified version of icons.css
- Bugfix: use the post global object instead of get_post on a comments filter
- Comments Box - overrides of WordPress comment system applied at the post level, allowing more fine-grained control of comments by post type or mixed in a single loop
- Comments Box - declare post author with
moderate_commentscapability an admin of the individual page, granting comment moderation capabilities on Facebook for the post
- Hide settings error display if function is not yet defined
- Open Graph protocol data output in prefixed form (e.g. og:title) instead of full IRI. You may declare your preference to always use a prefix in the future using the
- Debug page displays your plugin configuration, author accounts associated with a Facebook account, and server information for troubleshooting
- Shortcode support for Like Button and Send Button output
- Comments Box may be disabled for a specific post when post comments are marked closed in WordPress and no comments are stored on Facebook
- Application id and secret are verified on Facebook servers, generating an app access token for future use
- Fixed an issue with Comments Box color scheme preference never saving a "dark" preference value
- Includes Facebook PHP SDK 3.2.1 and its new SSL certificate chain fallback
- Delete comments enabled option on plugin's settings comments page save when no comments selected.
- Comment counts powered by Facebook available in all page contexts when comments box social plugin enabled for one or more post types
- Subscribe button settings fix
- Recommendations Bar max age setting fix
- PHP issue affecting 5.2.4 - 5.2.8 installs
- Properly save number of articles setting for recommendations bar
- Add explicit Open Graph protocol URL for front page and home
- Improve PHP 5.2 compatibility
- Fix minimum number of seconds before recommendations bar shown
- properly reference widget ids for stats
- Supports public custom post types and custom post status
- Settings page broken into multiple settings pages with WordPress Settings API support
- Choose to display social plugins and mentions on your homepage, archive pages, or individual post types
- Comments markup appearing in noscript wrappers now include Schema.org comment markup by default
- Added threaded comment support for noscript fallback markup
- Updated Facebook PHP SDK to version 3.2
- Mention links open in a new browsing context by default
- Post mentions are displayed inside their meta boxes after save
- Strings pass through translation functions, opening up future translation support
- Fixed mixed-content warnings thrown when Facebook images displayed on a page
- Uninstall script removes site and user options when the plugin is uninstalled through the WordPress administrative interface
- Contextual help menus display helpful information alongside settings choices
- High-DPI icon support for administration menu
- Fixed issue where some sites were extremely slow as a result of installing the plugin (due to cURL not being installed).
- Added warning and actively disable portions of the plugin if SSL not installed.
- Fixed bug in social publishing.
- Added logic to disable meta boxes/publishing if social publishing is disabled.
- Fixed forever loading issue on FB settings page if no active user exists.
- Added proper escaping.
- Added global settings to set whether social plugins show on all posts, all pages, both, or neither. Done for like button, subscribe button, send button, comments, and recommendations bar.
- Added per-post/page settings for showing/hiding social plugins.
- Fixed poorly formatted description that was being set when publishing to friends' and Pages' feeds.
- Added notification if plugins that are potentially conflicting are installed.
- Added suggestions for what to enter in fields in the new user experience.
- Bug fixes to ensure everything works on mobile (including support for WPTouch).
- Bug fixes to Pages drop down on the Facebook settings page.
- Removed the need to create PHP sessions, relying on user meta/transients now.
- Comment count bug fix.
- Comments width bug fix.
- Like, send, subscribe: fixed incorrect hrefs for homepage buttons.
- Added like/send button to settings page (spread the word!).
- Changed minimum and maximum supported WP versions.
- Security fix in the admin control panel.
- Fixed issue with publishing a post/page if there isn't a thumbnail defined.
- Changed auto-completes to play nice with UTF-8.
- Moved extended access token function to Facebook_WP class.
- Added debug link on settings page that outputs debug information.
- Lots of i18n fixes.
- Added easier debugging of Facebook API errors.
- Added better logged in state detection in admin UI, depending on if the user has authenticated and given certain permissions.
- Fixed publishing a post if no friends or pages mentioned.
- Theme fixes to prevent like and mentions bar from showing up in the wrong place.
- Fixed configure link on plugins page.
- Fixes for bugs happening on 404 page.
- Bug fix for if a WP admin removes the app via facebook.com.
- Added status messages for what was/wasn't posted to Facebook as part of a Post/Page being taken live.
- Added functionality to disable publishing to a page if access token fails.
- Clearer error messages for certain scenarios (like inability to post to a friend of page's Timeline because of privacy settings.
- Fixed conflicts with Power Editor and extraneous text being added to og:description. Thanks to Angelo Mandato (support mention)