What does this plugin do?
This plugin is designed to help you curate your content. It lets you assign and order stories within zones that you create, edit, and delete, and display those groupings of related stories on your site.
How do I set it up?
After activating the plugin, you’ll see a new “Zones” tab in your Dashboard’s sidebar menu:
Create your zones, and easily search for and add existing posts.
Once you’ve set up your zones, use the handy API functions to retrieve and display your content in your theme. Or, for those who are a bit code-averse, go to Appearance→Widgets and add Zone Posts widgets to display your zone posts in your sidebar or footer:
The widget will pull the posts from the chosen zone:
For more information, please see the full plugin documentation here.
What features does the plugin offer?
- Add, edit, and delete zones.
- Quickly add or remove posts (or any custom post type) to or from zones.
- Order posts in any given zone.
- Limit capabilities on who can add/edit/delete zones and who can add content to zones.
- Avoid conflicts with a locking mechanism that allows only one user to edit a zone at a time.
- Idle control, so people can’t keep the zoninator locked.