Training from the World’s Experts on WordPress.
WordPress.com VIP offers a range of professional WordPress training services for current VIP clients as well as for the general public. Our instructors come from within the WordPress.com VIP team as well as the extended Automattic family, covering a wide and deep knowledge of WordPress garnered since its inception.
Upcoming Training & Education Events:
- VIP Training Days: Upcoming training for Developer Fundamentals I, Developer Fundamentals: Performance, Security, and Debugging, and Superuser training classes. Register interest in having VIP Training Days in your city.
- VIP Workshop 2015: Stay tuned for details about v4, the 2015 edition. See information about past editions here.
- More VIP Events.
VIP Training Days
VIP Training Days are 1-day, small group (max. 20 participants with a team of VIP instructors), in-person training courses which will be repeated throughout the year in different locations (previously held in New York, San Francisco, London, and Toronto). VIP Training Days are open to the public, but space will be prioritized for current VIP clients.
- Developer Fundamentals I — beginner PHP developers & advanced PHP developers new to WordPress.
- Superuser — site administrators, editors, and trainers for large or multi-author sites.
- Developer Fundamentals: Site Security & Debugging — for experienced WordPress developers.
Upcoming VIP Training Days:
- San Francisco: November 4th – November 6th. Superuser, Development Fundamentals I, and Site Security & Debugging.
- New York City: November 11th – November 13th. Superuser, Development Fundamentals I, and Site Security & Debugging.
Register interest to have VIP Training Days where you are located in the future and you’ll be contacted directly when it’s offered near you.
Intensive VIP Developer Workshop
Once a year, we hold a 3-day, intensive developer workshop for WordPress.com VIP clients and select guests. The content includes deep dives into topics affecting our VIPs as well as strategy, roundtable, and emerging trends in the world of WordPress. The curriculum can often include WordPress coding standards, security, caching, optimizing themes and plugins, implementing new core WordPress, .com, and VIP features, and we continually tailor the curriculum based on registered participants’ input for their preferred sessions.
During the event, there is a focus on networking as well as collaborative sessions where WordPress.com VIPs share their own experiences with building VIP-scale websites using WordPress, their workflows, shortcuts, and best practices, too.
Planning for v4, the 2015 edition of the WordPress.com VIP Workshop, is already underway! Stay tuned for more details.
Customized Online or Onsite Training
If you’re a current WordPress.com VIP client, you can get in touch at any time about what training dates & options are available to you. You can check out our Training for Developers as well as our Training for Users of all skill levels and interests, and a description of our courses divided into Superuser, Editorial, and User training.
Interested in more information about training? Get in touch.