VIP Code Wrangler, Daniel Bachhuber breaks down some of the enhancements and bug fixes available in the most recent update to Co-Authors Plus.
Co-Authors Plus makes it easy to add multiple bylines to a given post, and has full support for custom post types. Out just a moment ago, v2.6.2 has the following improvements:
- AJAX user search matches against first name, last name, and nickname fields too, in addition to display name, user login, and email address.
- Comment moderation and approved notifications are properly sent to all co-authors with the correct capabilities.
- Filter required capability for user to be returned in an AJAX search with ‘coauthors_edit_author_cap’. This defaults to ‘edit_posts’
- Filter out administrators and other non-authors from AJAX search with ‘coauthors_edit_ignored_authors’
- Automatically adds co-authors to Edit Flow’s story budget and calendar views.
- Bug fix: Don’t set post_author value to current user when quick editing a post. This doesn’t appear in the UI anywhere, but added the post to the current user’s list of posts. See related forum conversation.
- Bug fix: Properly cc…
View original post 97 more words