WordPress.com VIP Director of Platform Services, Peter Slutsky, presented to the DigitalGov University about using WordPress CMS to build government websites, along with Dan Munz, from the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau, last year.
DigitalGov is brought to you by the Office of Citizen Services and Innovative Technologies in the U.S. General Services Administration and their job is to help government agencies build a 21st century digital government.
“Can WordPress be a full-fledged CMS? Our experience is absolutely yes, it can.” — Dan Munz, Deputy Assistant Director for Consumer Engagement at Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
In this presentation you’ll learn:
- How to determine if WordPress is a good option for your agency
- The important technical considerations
- The biggest challenges and successes CFPB had with implementing WordPress
- The resources you’ll need to implement it and keep it sustainable
- How to get buy-in and make the business case to switch/choose WordPress
- And a Q&A from the attendees
Below is the video of the presentation:
If you’re looking for information about government sites using WordPress, check out our spotlight on Building Government Websites with WordPress CMS or get in touch directly with the WordPress.com VIP team.