Enterprise Platform Engineer
The VIP team provides consulting, support, hosting, training, and other services to some of the biggest and best WordPress sites on the web such as Time Inc., Facebook, Microsoft, News Corp, FiveThirtyEight, The New York Times, and hundreds more.
Our clients are often pushing the limits of WordPress and our team works to help our clients get the most out of WordPress, providing architectural and technical advice, reviewing code to ensure security and performance, and developing new tools to improve our enterprise hosting platform.
We’re looking for an experienced engineer to help us build our platform with a heavy focus on developer tooling. Our work touches all levels of the stack and you will get to work with technologies such as Node.js, GraphQL, PHP, Go, Docker, NGINX, Varnish, Elasticsearch, and React. If you love solving complex problems and want to help empower development teams working at some of the most high-profile, high-traffic sites out there, come join us.
You’re a good a fit for our team, if you have:
- Experience working on a large-scale system to make it faster, more scalable, and fault-tolerant.
- The ability to iterate and ship ideas quickly, with loose (at best) direction.
- A love of open source software.
How to apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to
jobs @ automattic.com telling us about yourself and attach a résumé.
Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out.
To increase your chances of standing out, please answer the following questions.
- Tell us about an interesting programming problem you’ve worked on. What made it interesting?
- Tell us about a new technology/programming language/framework that you’re excited about. Why is it exciting?
- What questions do you have for us?