Efficiently publish and manage your video content with Comcast Technology Solutions mpx directly in your WordPress-based website. With this plugin, your producers and editors can easily access your mpx-hosted video library, create new videos, and revise metadata. Rather than having to manually copy and paste media players into posts, this plugin will dramatically speed up the embedding process with custom WordPress shortcodes.
Comcast Technology Solutions is the leading provider of online video publishing and management solutions. Media companies rely on mpx as their open, central hub for managing, monetizing, and syndicating billions of online video views each year. Our services provide unmatched versatility for designing and supporting streaming video businesses on PCs, mobile devices, and TV.
Because we “get” the work of publishers and editors, we developed mpx to be the convergence of an efficient user interface model with the most mature, flexible online video management technologies. The mpx console design helps our users more easily manage media by giving them a workflow customized to their needs while minimizing the number of screens they need to use to accomplish their tasks. And with this WordPress plugin, your production team will encounter even fewer screens and require less time to keep your website’s content fresh.
- Upload directly to mpx from within WordPress
- Edit media metadata
- Easily embed players in posts with a WordPress shortcode
- An mpx account is required for plugin functionality.
To activate the plugin for your VIP site:
- Click ‘Plugins’ on your WordPress admin dashboard
- Activate the mpx plugin
- Enter your account credentials: mpx Username and mpx Password
- When activation is complete, the additional fields and tabs will automatically populate
To create a post with mpx media using the plugin:
- On every post or page, there is a thePlatform button above the text editor
- Click the button to open the embedding form, which allows you to search for media
- Select the player you want to embed
- Click on a media’s thumbnail to create the embedding short code
- Click ‘Publish’ to complete the process
To revise mpx media in a post using the plugin:
- Click on the media’s thumbnail or name, and the media editor screen will appear
- On the right side of the screen, there are fields for uploading and editing
- On the left side of the screen, there is a preview player
- Press the ‘Save Changes’ button on the bottom of the screen to save
For more information, visit Comcast Technology Solutions.