What does this plugin do?
The plugin lets you use Google Analytics with your WordPress.com site, to monitor traffic and activity on your site.
How do I set it up?
After activating the plugin, go to Settings→Google Analytics in your Dashboard’s sidebar menu, enter your Tracking ID (you need not enter the full tracking code anywhere), and choose which activities you want Google Analytics to track:
What features does the plugin offer?
- Uses Google’s asynchronous tracking method which is faster and more reliable.
- Automatically tracks site speed.
- Provides option to log outgoing links as events.
- Provides option to log 404 errors as events.
- Uses custom variables in Google Analytics to track additional data on pageviews, including:
- Context (such as home, category, post, author, etc.)
- Logged in
- Anything – Use the built-in filter to add your own!
- Allows you to ignore any user roles (administrators, editors, authors, etc.).