What does this plugin do?
WP Help lets site operators create detailed, hierarchical documentation for the site’s authors, editors, and contributors, viewable in the WordPress.com Dashboard.
The plugin is powered by Custom Post Types and gives you all the power of WordPress to create, edit, and arrange your documentation. Perfect for customized client sites. Never send another “here’s how to use your site” e-mail again!
How do I set it up?
After activating the plugin, you’ll see a new “Publishing Help” tab in your Dashboard’s sidebar menu:
Click “Add New” to add a help article, “Manage” to edit existing articles, and “Settings” to choose how and where your Help articles are displayed. The Help articles will be displayed above or below your Dashboard menu, or as a Dashboard submenu:
For more information, please see the full plugin documentation here.
What features does the plugin offer?
- Add help articles for your site’s users, with all the same features and flexibility you have when adding posts.
- Nest articles under parents and set default articles.
- Customize the headlines of your help section.
- Control where on your Dashboard your help section displays.
- Easily sync help documents from other WordPress sites, so you need not manually recreate help sections on each of your sites.